Friday, October 24, 2008

Selfishness

What causes one to be selfish? It's called greed. The motto of a selfish person is "what’s mine is mine and what’s yours is mine". A classic example of a selfish person is road rage. A selfish person wants the whole road to themselves and is not willing to share. They feel that the world owes them something and they also tend to be very arrogant. I get so tired of having to deal with selfish people. Including my own family. My frustration comes from anger and hurt. God knows I love my family but sometimes your family will hurt you worse than a mere stranger. People who are selfish only think about themselves and their own feelings. I am upset today at one of my siblings. For over a month now we have been planning to take my mother to dinner today to celebrate her birthday before she goes out of town tomorrow for three weeks. My brothers were coming up from Ohio and we were going to take mom out to dinner and have some family time. Then in the morning we were all going to take her to the airport together. So then I get a text message from my oldest brother saying that our brother wasn't coming because he didn't feel like traveling. Making a 2.5 hour drive isn't traveling especially when it comes to seeing your mother. The women who gave you the breath of life....the women that if it weren't for her you wouldn't even exist. Myself and that brother are like oil and water. We just don't mix! Granted he's a very over protective brother because I am his only sister....yet we don't get along too often. Simply because he is the most selfish person that I know. Everything is always about him...he has an excuse for everything. I find it so hard to believe that we were raised with the same morals and values because we are completely opposite. I'm the youngest and I feel like the weight of the world is always on my shoulder sometimes and I can only do so much by myself. I always feel like I'm the glue that holds everything and everyone together. At this point I am done! I have let my emotions and frustrations get the best of me today. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: