Monday, January 12, 2009

What is your Purpose?

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have"

What is your purpose? I've asked this question to many people and in return I get a very puzzling look and unsure response. Many people are unsure as to what their purpose in life is and others just don't know.

How do you discover your real purpose in life? I’m not talking about your job, your daily responsibilities, or even your long-term goals. I mean the real reason why you’re here at all — the very reason you exist.

If you want to discover your true purpose in life, you must first empty your mind of all the false purposes you’ve been taught (including the idea that you may have no purpose at all).

If you are unsure as to what your purpose is in life....take out a blank sheet of paper and at the top write down "My Life Purpose".

Underneath write down the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about what your purpose may be. Whether it be a sentence....or a short phrase. Continue to do this as many times as it takes. When you've finally figured it out....you will know because so much emotion will come over you that you may even begin to cry.

Once you've figured it out if you don't already know....then do some self reflecting. When I was younger someone asked me that very same question.....What is your purpose? My response was.....I dunno. Then I shrugged it off and let it go. Many years passed and that thought still lingered in the back of my mind until one day I asked someone that same question. I stopped.....paused.....and later pondered and realized that I then knew what my purpose was.

My purpose in life is to live each day as it arrives to me with no regrets. To help any and everyone I can to the best of my abilities. Accept rejection, live, learn and know when to move on. To give every obstacle and every challenge that comes my way 100%. To live each day as if it were my last and to have a lasting impact on every person that crosses my path.

No comments: