Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!!!

If Christ is absent from our worship during the holiday, we have lost sight of the true meaning of Christmas. Christmas is a time for peace.

With an internecine warfare being waged by the forces of evil among us and a world recession at our doorsteps, there is a practical dimension to not getting caught up with the externalities of Christmas but instead to meditate inwardly on the Christ who is the reason for the season.

I am truly grateful and thankful for being blessed with good people in my life. I thank God for each day he has allowed me to see. Every year as we approach the "new year" we tend to make resolutions. Whether its to drop a few pounds, quit smoking, join a gym etc.etc..........

I don't make resolutions......why wait for a new year to roll around to make changes in your life. How foolish does that sound?

This year I just ask God to continue to lead me, guide me and direct me in the path in which he wants me to go. I ask that he continues to bless me....so that I can continue to be a blessing to others. I have been blessed this year in many different ways and in return I have used my blessings to be a blessing to others.

Christmas has become way too commercialized and people get too wrapped up in the "getting" and not the giving. On Christmas Day I will be working at The Advent House as a way to give back to those in my local community who are less fortunate than myself. People have asked me "why are you doing that.....you'll spend no time with your family?" To some of the people that I will see tomorrow....in their eyes...I am their only family. Family doesn't mean you have to be related by blood. My family understands what I do....and I why I do it. Give somebody a hug today and tell someone you love them. Always be thankful and grateful for what you do have...and always remember where your help comes from.

No comments: